22116

Monday, April 28, 2008

Internet Marketing Tips - Get Your Masters Degree In Marketing

I admit it...I'm a college geek. Well, at least I was about 30 years ago. And while I didn't learn much in college that I use today as an Internet marketer, I did learn one thing in economics class that has helped me immensely with product creation and understanding market supply and demand. Now, if you think that doesn't really matter when doing your marketing, think again. Supply and demand is the whole ball game when it comes to whether or not your product is going to sell and if so, for how much.

The basic law of supply and demand is simple. If the supply is high and the demand is low, then prices come down. If the supply is low and the demand is high, then the prices go up. Those of you who have had economics 101 know this. But exactly how does this apply to Internet marketing? I mean, if you're selling info products, which aren't a physical good, is there any real lack of supply? Well, there can be. How? Simple. Just tell your prospects that only a certain number will be sold and watch them head for the buy button if they think it's something that will really help them.

You see it all the time with slick sales pages. Only 100 copies being sold, or this offer is only good for the next seven days. These are common tactics. Of course, if you want to have any kind of credibility, you better back up what you say. But that's another message for another day. The point is, economic principals most definitely come into play when promoting anything online. So the more you understand about economics, the better your chances for success.

But economics is just the start. I also took marketing in college. Knowing the best ways to construct an ad campaign will greatly increase your sales conversion. I had a great marketing professor. This guy could sell anything to anybody. Heck, he sold me on taking the course in the first place when I went to talk to him prior to signing up.

Okay, there is a point to all of the above and here it is. By getting a solid education in marketing and economics, as well as writing and a number of other things, you will give yourself the best chance for having success with your Internet marketing career. A masters degree, which is what I like to call it, is the ticket to success, because unlike many college educations...knowing what you're doing when it comes to your business is priceless.

To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim

Want to earn a 6 figure income like I do but get there in half the time? Please visit my blog at http://work-at-home-based-business.com/2007/12/06/review-of-nitro-marketing/ and read my review of the greatest info product ever to come out online in the 5 years I've been doing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home