22116

Sunday, June 8, 2008

How To Increase A Websites Search Engine Ranking Position

I have been attempting to learn about web promotion and web marketing since 1999, this was the year that my main website went live on the internet. Strategies that worked only last year have now come and gone as tends to happen in this ever changing industry. There are however a number of website promotion techniques that have worked for the last eight years and continue to be successful. I am the first to admit that I have made many errors when trying to improve my websites search engine ranking, but would like to think that I have learnt from them. As well as making mistakes, I have also gained a great deal of knowledge in this period and will share some of this with you, in this article.

Each webmaster should have a list of keywords or key phrases that they would like to be highly ranked for in the major search engines. For example the main key phrase for my site is stuttering treatments. I have worked very hard at attempting to attain the number one position in Google for this phrase. Each of these keywords/phrase should appear some where on the homepage of your website. This enables the search engines to find your site for that word/phrase when it does its crawl.

Content is king, this is a big phrase in the world of search marketing. The content of your website should be unique and of value to its readers.

One of the main ways of gaining a high search engine position is by obtaining a large number of backward links, including some high quality ones from other trusted websites.

In the past webmasters were able to buy these links. Things have now moved on and this practice has now all but ended as it goes against the guidelines of the main search engine which of course is Google.

I personally believe strongly in article marketing. Writing articles has seemingly been a very popular and successful way to promote a website, since the internet was born. It continues to provide me personally with great results. It goes back to the content is king ethos.

I hope this little bit of advice proves to be beneficial to you.

Steve Hill is a webmaster from Birmingham, he has interests in a number of websites including:

Therapy for stuttering
Cure for stammering
Stuttering

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home